Why do you need my information?
ForLiving is the data control of personal data that you have provided to us and we will only collect information from you that is relevant to carry out our role (be that your landlord, the company that collects payments, helping to purchase your home or administering lease). There will be occasions where we need to share this information with other organisation to deliver our services to you.
What basis do you have for holding my information?
We will be processing most of your information to allow us to fulfil our contract with you and so we can fulfil our obligations. We also base processing data on our legitimate interests, this can be reasons such as direct marketing (which you can opt out) or for completing finance checks. We may also hold use your information because there is a legal obligation
Do you have to collect this information? What happens if I don’t give it you?
The information you provide to us helps us to work with you and fulfil our obligations. Additional information provided to us helps us to offer a tailored service and not providing this information will mean we may not be able to offer all of our services to you.
What information do you collect and what is it for?
We collect and hold a range of information about you. The below outlines the information we collect from you and the ways in which this is used:
- Personal information, name, address, date of birth
- Contact details: home number, mobile phone number, email address
- Further details: National insurance number, Housing benefit reference number
- Sensitive personal information: gender, ethnicity, disability information, medical details, marital status, sexuality
- Household information: details of who will be living in your home
- Nationality/immigration status: visa conditions, asylum status etc
- Photographic identification
- Employment status
- Criminal record declaration
- Bank account details
- Mortgage provider
We will record further information during the course of our contractual relationship so that we have a record of our contacts with you. This will include:
- Records of visits, phone conversations, emails and letters, web chats etc
- Records of repair works
- Audio recordings of your calls and web chat into our office
- CCTV recordings
- Complaints records
- Rent or service charge payment history
- Unacceptable behaviour warning if we have evidence you may pose a risk to our colleagues or contractors
- Survey data
This list outlines the main reasons we may process your data. If we do need to process your information for other reasons we will only do this if there is a legal basis.